Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can stop safari from quitting while using the mmhk plugin? I have no idea what it even is

os 10.10.5

How can stop safari from quitting while using the mmhk plugin? I have no idea what it even is and am just browsing when this happens.

Model Name:MacBook Air
Model Identifier:MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name:Intel Core i5
Processor Speed:1.4 GHz
Number of Processors:1
Total Number of Cores:2
L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
L3 Cache:3 MB
Memory:4 GB
Boot ROM Version:MBA61.0099.B18
SMC Version (system):2.13f15
Serial Number (system):C1***********085
Hardware UUID:44BF3E76-EE0F-5F95-9FFB-B193B954052F

<Edited by Host>

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 11:38 AM

Try this and let us know > Safari 8 (Yosemite): If you need to remove a plug-in - ÇÇÇ

8 replies

Jun 26, 2015 1:24 PM in response to doug141

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Step 1

For this step, the title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

In the top right corner of the Console window, there's a search box labeled Filter. Enter the name of the crashed application or process. For example, if Safari crashed, you would enter "Safari" (without the quotes.)

Each message in the log begins with the date and time when it was entered. Select the messages from the time of the last crash, if any. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

Step 2

In the Console window, select

DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION User Diagnostic Reports

(not Diagnostic and Usage Messages) from the log list on the left. There is a disclosure triangle to the left of the list item. If the triangle is pointing to the right, click it so that it points down. You'll see a list of crash reports. The name of each report starts with the name of the process, and ends with ".crash". Select the most recent report related to the process in question. The contents of the report will appear on the right. Use copy and paste to post the entire contents—the text, not a screenshot.

I know the report is long, maybe several hundred lines. Please post all of it anyway.

If you don't see any reports listed, but you know there was a crash, you may have chosen Diagnostic and Usage Messages from the log list. Choose DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION instead.

In the interest of privacy, I suggest that, before posting, you edit out the “Anonymous UUID,” a long string of letters, numbers, and dashes in the header of the report, if it’s present (it may not be.)

Please don’t post other kinds of diagnostic report—they're very long and rarely helpful.

When you post the log extract or the crash report, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

Jun 29, 2015 7:36 AM in response to doug141

I had this problem and could not find the plugin in any of the "plugin" folders as directed by most suggested solutions to this problem. Here is what I did to get rid of the issue:

Go to Launch pad - Other - Console.

Select All Messages in the left hand side and type Safari into the filter field on the top right. From there you should be able to find the ReportCrash from the last time the plugin caused Safari to crash. Click the arrow next to the time to expand the log report and then click Open Report at the bottom of the log line. In the report you will see a Plugin Path - you can now find the plugin at this location. Mine happen to be from a program called Premier Opinion which is a survey program and I am not sure how it got downloaded on my computer, but I trashed the entire program (just dragged it from the Applications folder to the trash) and no more Safari crashes.

Good luck! Hope this helps!!

I would not have found the Report Crash log without Linc's post in this thread. So THANK YOU Linc!!!!

Oct 9, 2015 11:06 PM in response to doug141

I believe this was introduced by the Firefox browser, unwittingly I've added Premier Opinions to my iMac.

It is displayed on the upper right status bar, the icon is lime green with a white asterisk.

The application is called "Premier Opinions".

Its purpose is to gather your feedback on web experience.

But it seems to be a Safari killer.

In the application folder on iMac, locate the Premier Opinions app and uninstall it.

I don't want the app.

How can stop safari from quitting while using the mmhk plugin? I have no idea what it even is

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.