Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to move time capsule from a mobile router to beeing a router to my new fiber internet.

I had my time capsule connected to mobile wi-fi via anorher router. Now I got fiber and trying to connected the time capsule to the new fiber. However the time capsule says it doesn't have à valid IP adress and no DNS serveradress! Don't know what to do. Have TV via the fiber as well and that works.

AirPort Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 11:53 AM

4 replies

Jun 27, 2015 12:29 AM in response to Mantreas

You need to reset the TC to factory and start again.

If the fibre ISP has given you a full router then the TC must be in bridge mode.. you cannot use it as router.

Please give me screenshots of the setup if it fails and I can suggest other options.. but the factory reset is vital and you cannot progress without it.

You will not lose any files doing it.

Start from a factory reset. No files are lost on the hard disk doing this.

Factory reset universal

Power off the TC.. ie pull the power cord or power off at the wall.. wait 10sec.. hold in the reset button.. be gentle.. power on again still holding in reset.. and keep holding it in for another 10sec. You may need some help as it is hard to both hold in reset and apply power. It will show success by rapidly blinking the front led. Release the reset.. and wait a couple of min for the TC to reset and come back with factory settings. If the front LED doesn’t blink rapidly you missed it and simply try again. The reset is fairly fragile in these.. press it so you feel it just click and no more.. I have seen people bend the lever or even break it. I use a toothpick as tool.

N.B. None of your files on the hard disk of the TC are deleted.. this simply clears out the router settings of the TC.

Jul 1, 2015 5:19 AM in response to Mantreas

Mantreas wrote:

thanks for your answer. I did the factory reset but when setting up the time capusule it just tills me to conect the ethernetcable. It is connected but the time capsule cant find it. The screenshot is in swedish but maybe you understand it anyway.

thanks!

This is a common problem for fibre connections.

Does the ethernet light turn on .. when you plug the cable into the TC.. the tiny green light should come on.. this is called connectivity light.. it shows ethernet is connected.. if that refuses to work the TC is not compatible with ONT or router that you were supplied. (ONT is Optical Network Terminal).

There is sadly very little you can do about it.. Tell me how many ports and what make and model the ONT is.. ie the box the ISP supplied you with TV and Internet connections.

If the ethernet ports have LED on it do they turn on when plugged into the TC?? What about if you plug it into the LAN port instead of WAN.

You might need to run the TC in a different mode.. and use something else if the ONT is not a router.

Trying to move time capsule from a mobile router to beeing a router to my new fiber internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.