Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Lightning Dock not compatible?

I recently purchased the (universal) Apple Lightning Dock at McShark (it's a Premium Apple-Reseller here in Austria)

When i use it with the wallcharger, it's fine, but when it's plugged in to my Computer, the iPhone 6 charges up to 95% battery, but then the message 'this accessory may not be supported' keeps appearing and my iPhone won't charge any further. What is the problem/what should i do?

P.S. the iPhone charges like normal when i'm using the power cable with the wallcharger (but without the dock)

Thanks in advance

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Apple Lightning Dock

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 1:11 PM

1 reply

Jun 28, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Luca_St

Hi there Luca_St,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there’s an issue charging your iPhone 6 with the iPhone Lightning Dock, when it’s connected to your PC. The article below provides a lot of great troubleshooting suggestions that should help you resolve the charging issue.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care,

-Jason

Apple Lightning Dock not compatible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.