Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Marking up PDF

just installed iTunes U 3.0 And doing initial testing. created a test post with PDF. On my ipad, enrolled as a "dummy" student, I can view the PDF but can't mark it up and I certainly can't send it back to the instructor. has anyone figured out how to mark up the PDF yet within iTunes U?

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 9:00 AM

Make sure the iPad you are testing this on an iPad that supports PDF annotation - Annotate PDF assignments in iTunes U - Apple Support

12 replies

Jul 2, 2015 10:44 AM in response to miggyytosh

Hi same problem here.

I read the article's support, it tells about:

"iPad (3rd generation or later) or an iPad mini 2 or later, the PDF can be annotated and turned in all within iTunes U. But on older devices, the student must send the PDF from iTunes U to a PDF editor. The student can annotate the PDF in the separate app, then return the PDF back to iTunes U on the device and turn it in."

Well, this doesn't work.

I have an iPad 4rd generation and iTunesU 3.0 and there is no way to mark it inside the app.

Plus, if you open the pdf with another app (say Acrobat) and after return the document to iTunes U, as support's article suggested, this is the message you get:

"To share a document with iTunesU, you must be an iTunes U instructor"

But I'm a student!! So?

So, I think this new version is full of bugs.

Apple please fix it.

Jul 2, 2015 12:27 PM in response to Colorsthink

Find the way.

You have to create a course and inside this course you have to set a outline and this outline can have some assignment.

This assignment can contain a pdf wich you can annotate.

Still be confuse with some GUI elects but hey, its free and it works.

The iTunes U Course need a electronic way to read out the "hand-in" pdf.

If you have 40-100 hand-in and you have all to check by hand. ;(

Andreas

Jul 2, 2015 3:19 PM in response to eastmac

Ok, I played around for a while and I think I have the solution now! I hope...at least for me know works perfectly.

After (a lot) of tests I believe the issue is not in iTunes U, the course, the pdf or other... the only issue is about IOS version!

I made tests on my iPad 4 gen. but a lot of function were buggy. My iPad had iOS 8.2 and last version iTunes U (3.0)

Here what I did:

1) I've uninstalled iTunes U

2) I've upgraded iOS to iOS 8.4

3) I've reinstalled iTunes U app

Now ALL works very well!!! "Hand-in" homework is fantastic and works great, and now also "Private messages" (inside assignment) works! Also "grade" works perfectly.

The only thing still doesn't work is notifications about new messages (you need to check inside the course and inside discussion message (for general messages) or inside the assignment (for private messages), and this is very very annoying.... I hope Apple guys will fix that.

Jul 31, 2015 11:19 PM in response to Colorsthink

Hello

I'm glad it worked for you.

It still isn't working on my courses though.

For other courses on my iPad the anotation works, but not for the PDF's I upload. I tried uploading different kinds of pdf's, ones made by me and others. None of them show the anotation possibilities.

It can't be the PDF's because I uploaded the PDF that works in another course to my course and it won't work.

If anyone has another solution ...

Sep 20, 2016 1:24 AM in response to luckfromvancouver

Hello,

I have an iPad in which I can annotate a PDF document. The teacher put this document into Posts. This document has 5 pages. As a student, I have a problem with this.

Firstly, I open this document, I can annotate it in the first page and I can save it in the iTunesU. Then, I open the same document again and I annotate the second page. I save this document. When I reopen the document, the second page is ok but the notes of the first page have erased.

What problem is that?

Thank you in advance

Katherine

Marking up PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.