Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

separated sounds all under one folder/file on DLS Device

Finally, someone named TheCheapo1 posted an updated at the end of May 2015 about installing Soundfont in Garageband 10. Thanks to him.

Despite of this great news and my following his instructions, my result was different. I did place separated individual Soundfont sounds and an Aria Player sound under Library/Audio/Sounds/Bank in their very basic form (sound font's extension as "sf2," whereas Aria Player's "cst"). See the screenshot:

User uploaded file

Then, I went to Garageband's Inspector/Plug-ins/Instruments/AU Instruments/Apple/DLS Device/Stereo:

User uploaded file

The DLS Device popped up. It looked like a success, for I saw GOP and Soundfont listed in drop-down menu:

User uploaded file

But, you see! Instead of individual sound font with an extension "sf2," all of the 3 sounds I installed all became one folder. I couldn't go further to unfold the folder.

Same as the Garrison Personal Orchestra, Aria Player instrument sounds:

User uploaded file

See, the GPO Bassoons seems to have a sub-menu to choose from, but there is no way I can click on it to choose a sound.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 7:03 PM

There are no replies.

separated sounds all under one folder/file on DLS Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.