Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.9 download too slow

Hi, i have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) with Yosemite 10.10.3

I realize my iMovie app (10.0.3) doesn't launch anymore so i'm trying to update to the last iMovie 10.0.9 through the App Store. In 12 hours i downloaded 80 Mb and then it stopped.

Is there any mirror or ftp where i can find the new version?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 12:23 AM

5 replies

Jun 27, 2015 1:44 AM in response to Diegomac75

I've just updated and saw that the download (for me) was only about 150 MB so only parts of the app are updated. If your iMovie 10.0.8 does not launch, updating may not improve matters.

8GB free is not very much space for your library though. Have you considered moving it to an external drive?

Geoff.

Jun 30, 2015 9:56 PM in response to Diegomac75

I'm afraid I'm also having problems with this update. First it said the file had 2gb. After the download started it dropped to 167mb. Now, almost at the end of the installing, the progress bar simply stopped and the softwareupdated process is chugging a LOT of memory (18,97GB so far) and CPU (it's showing 100,3% on the activity monitor). It also opened 15.200+ ports.

User uploaded file

I tried to restart my MacBook Pro (late 2012 running Yosemite) but it's happening again.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: apparently other people are having the same issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx_s2t5wR1o

iMovie 10.0.9 download too slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.