Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch, Siri will not play idividual songs, I keep getting the message, oops their seems to be a problem.

When I ask Siri to play a song it keeps giving me the message oops their seems to be a problem but if I say play music by (any artist) it will play the albums by them.

I have hard reset both the iphone and the watch and nothing changed, any suggestions other than to un-pair and repair or reset the watch.

Apple Watch, watchOS 1.0.1

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 8:58 PM

7 replies

Jun 29, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Kstud7

Yes, same problem here. Contacted apple support and am still working through the problem but have done just about everything - reboots, unpairing, paring resetting network settings and restoring my iphone 6 from a previous backup. It WAS, working just two days ago so I'm beginning to feel the problem is on Apple's side. Will update the post if I can solve the problem.

Jul 1, 2015 5:30 AM in response to Kstud7

Jpcrews, Thank you, signing up for apple music did solve the problem, I noticed this problem just started when apple music started, I would have never thought you had to sign up for apple music to straighten it out, Thanks again for posting the solution, every time apple comes out with new software they break something else.

Jul 15, 2015 8:46 PM in response to Kstud7

I had this same issue over the last week, I contacted apple support and they were no help, even went as high as their engineers. Also tried subbing to apple music etc, still no change.

I managed to fix it by making sure the language settings were the same on both the Apple Watch and the Iphone, in my case one was set to just plain old English and the other to English Australia, I changed them both to English Australia and restarted, voila it now works like a charm.

As a side note: It seemed to stop when updating to IOS 8.4, maybe this reset the language?

Apple watch, Siri will not play idividual songs, I keep getting the message, oops their seems to be a problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.