Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube Subscriptions Won't Load

For some reason my YouTube subscriptions will not load on Apple TV. I'm signed into my YouTube account and I can watch videos from the "What to Watch" menu, but when I tab over to "Subscriptions" I get a never-ending "Accessing YouTube" message with a spinning wheel.

I'm using an AppleTV model #A1469, Apple TV Software 7.2 (7512). WiFi signal is 4 out of 5 dots (no issues on any other device connected to my WiFi).

So far I've tried...

Restarting the Apple TV

Checking for software updates (there are none)

Signing out of and back into my YouTube account

Not sure what else to try but I'm hoping someone out there is smarter than me and can crack this mystery. Thanks so much for your help!

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 6:18 AM

I had this issue too. In the end I managed to resolve it by restoring my Apple TV to factory default state.

It is a pretty drastic step, but I'd pretty much exhausted all other avenues. The restore process took a while (15-20 minutes or so). Once the restore was finished, the Apple TV had to be configured from scratch (language selection, various login details, youtube activation via another device etc). However, I can now access my subscriptions again. 🙂

See Restore your Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) - Apple Support .

It's probably worth mentioning that the Apple TV must remained powered on until the restore is complete, so connecting the Apple TV to a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) before starting a restore is probably a good idea if your mains power is in anyway unreliable.

I Hope this helps. 🙂

Disclaimer: The restore process is pretty straight forward and shouldn't go wrong. However, in the unlikely event that something does go wrong, I take absolutely no responsibility for any damages or loss.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2015 6:18 AM in response to gch289

I had this issue too. In the end I managed to resolve it by restoring my Apple TV to factory default state.

It is a pretty drastic step, but I'd pretty much exhausted all other avenues. The restore process took a while (15-20 minutes or so). Once the restore was finished, the Apple TV had to be configured from scratch (language selection, various login details, youtube activation via another device etc). However, I can now access my subscriptions again. 🙂

See Restore your Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) - Apple Support .

It's probably worth mentioning that the Apple TV must remained powered on until the restore is complete, so connecting the Apple TV to a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) before starting a restore is probably a good idea if your mains power is in anyway unreliable.

I Hope this helps. 🙂

Disclaimer: The restore process is pretty straight forward and shouldn't go wrong. However, in the unlikely event that something does go wrong, I take absolutely no responsibility for any damages or loss.

YouTube Subscriptions Won't Load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.