Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Data Backup

Hello,

I recently logged in to iCloud using my iPod Touch, took a backup of all my data, and then reset my iPod. Later when I logged in to iCloud via my MacBook Pro (running Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2), I see my iPod Touch's backup, but not its data.

Where do I go from here?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 11:43 PM

You cannot view your backup data. You can only use it to restore an iOS device to that backup.

Cheers,

GB

7 replies

Jun 30, 2015 11:28 PM in response to vinayak.anand

No, that is not how it works. Messages and Photos are sync'd via iCloud, which means that you need iCloud signed onto both your iDevices and your Mac.

On your Mac, go to System Preferences>iCloud and sign into iCloud with the same iCloud ID you have on your device. Once signed on, you will see the options that you can turn on to sync Messages and Photos.

Open the Messages app to see Messages.

Open iPhoto or Photos to see Photo Stream photos.

If you have Photos in your Camera Roll that are not in your Photo Stream, then you need to import those to iPhoto or to Photos on the Mac (unless you are using iCloud Photo Library).

You can see all of the data that is accessible in iCloud if you go to icloud.com on your computer and sign in with the iCloud ID that you are using on your iOS device and your Mac.

The backup that you do to iCloud from your iOS device is only that - a backup that is used to restore a device that has been wiped to the state it was at the time the backup was made. It it not related to the items you sync via iCloud.

Cheers,

GB

iCloud Data Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.