Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect keyboard when I'm on set up

i have just received an IMac 20" refurbished for my birthday from macking.com. As I did not get it from Apple I knew something wrong would happen and it has, i have got a Bluetooth key board and a usb mouse. Right now I'm on set up mode since the only thing that will connect is the mouse as it is connected by wire. The keyboard however needs me to go onto blue tooth setting and add it. Obviously I cannot do that as I am on set up mode and does not let me continue until I enter details by typing it in. Can someone help.

iMac, iMac A1224 20" AIO

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 6:30 AM

connect a USB keyboard and use it to help setup the bluetooth keyboard. You may find Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues useful.

1 reply

How to connect keyboard when I'm on set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.