Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get photos out of the Photo program?

I uploaded photos from my camera to Photos program, I want to put them on a memory stick, How do I get this program to let go of my pictures? I made the mistake of allowing it to delete them from the camera, now Photo won't let me do anything except iCloud. I want them off this computer!!!!

iPhone 4, ATT phone

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 4:21 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2015 8:44 PM in response to Winston Churchill

This has not been quite so simple for me, Winston. I have RAW photos that I imported to my iPad from my camera card and then synced to my Mac. The Mac got the raw files OK. But then I edited one on my iPad (they display there as JPGs). I then found that if I export that (now edited) version from Photos on my Mac (using File/Export/Export 1 Photo) I get a very low res, strangely cropped export (at least in PNG and TIFF formats; JPG seems OK). A clue to what is going on here is found by trying to edit that photo in Photos on the Mac - a message comes up saying:

Continue editing as JPEG? This RAW photo was previously edited as a JPEG. Switching to RAW will preserve adjustments, but may change the appearance of the photo.

And what it said was true: switching to RAW gave me a version of the photo that was one third cropped out! The only way out of this was to click "Revert to Original" in Photos and lose all earlier edits. There is something very buggy here!

The moral here seems to be that if you use the iPad as a way of storing RAW photos direct from the camera, then don't edit them and expect the edits to carry across to your Mac when you get home. You'll just have edited JPEGs and have to start again to get edited RAW files!

How do I get photos out of the Photo program?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.