Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble synching photos to/from iPhone/iMac

Oh hi!

I've noticed this happening for the past couple months and have been unable to resolve the situation. I have an iPhone 5s. Whenever I connect it to my iMac, the regular process of synching goes on, but when the phone tries to synch with my Photos on my computer, the following pop-up occurs:

User uploaded file

This message pops up regardless of whether I have Photos (v1.0) running or not on my iMac, or if I have Photos running on my iPhone (OS 8.3).

Any help anyone could throw my way would be great.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:13 PM

I've since solved this problem. I guess there must have been an OS update for my iMac, or for just iTunes, or Photos. In any case, I restarted my iMac and my iPhone. The Mac showed a progress bar when restarting, so I figure there was an update queued and waiting for some time. When I reconnected my iPhone to the Mac and synched, things ran beautifully. Photo sharing and synching is now working great!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 2:13 PM in response to Sleveless

I've since solved this problem. I guess there must have been an OS update for my iMac, or for just iTunes, or Photos. In any case, I restarted my iMac and my iPhone. The Mac showed a progress bar when restarting, so I figure there was an update queued and waiting for some time. When I reconnected my iPhone to the Mac and synched, things ran beautifully. Photo sharing and synching is now working great!

Trouble synching photos to/from iPhone/iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.