Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove cinema-plus-1-1

While looking for new mods for the Sims i got this add to install "Genieo". I really wanted the mod so i installed not knowing it was a virus. I already removed Genieo and uninstall Genieo but now I have "Cinema-plus-1-1" and with every website it has a popup ad. Also, it highlights words and when I hover over them it offers a website (assuming another virus to install). I already changed my homepage and search engine to my own personal preference (google) but when I press a link it goes to Bing and another ad so I have to constantly click one, go back, and click again to go to the actual page I want to go on. When I go to finder it's not there but when I go to launchpad it's still there with my apps. How can I remove this (what I call) virus off my mac because this is very annoying. I have a Macbook Air (2015) 13-inch with 128GB using OS X Yosemite.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 6:29 AM

1 reply

How do I remove cinema-plus-1-1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.