Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Port

Having issues with air port connecting to web camera.

I have installed an air port to replace the wireless from the BT home hub. However when I disable the wireless on the home hub and only use the Air POrt I cant connect to a wireless baby cam I have. there is no problem when both wireless networks are enabled.

How would I look to get the camera to work with the Airport Extreme?

Thanks

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 10:05 AM

1 reply

Jun 27, 2015 5:26 PM in response to drp68175

You effectively have two routers in series. Typically you would reconfigure the downstream router as a bridge (to disable its routing functions) so that the upstream router is the only one providing these functions. It really doesn't matter, as far as camera access, if either wireless network is disabled. However, you may introduce Wi-Fi interference if both are and the both wireless routers are near each other.

In your case the upstream router is the BT Home Hub and the downstream router is the AirPort Extreme. With the Extreme reconfigured as a bridge you will only have to configure the BT Home Hub to allow remote access to your camera.

Air Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.