Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple warranty in hong kong

apple does not warranty its products the same way for hong kong. bought my iPhone 6 back in Sep, and two nights ago, it failed to charge. well, if i fidget the lightning cable, then it can. took the situation to apple causeway bay store, and they told me this is not covered by one year warranty, because I broke one of the connectors. i tried but couldn't see what they were referring to. they can't repair the problem, and suggest to replace it, at a hefty cost of HK$2,368. more so, the warranty on this unit won't be extended, and will expire in aug, following the policy of that failed old unit. i find this unacceptable (can sell the phone in its condition and buy a brand new phone with one year warranty for less), and also the lightning port can become loose, unlike its predecessor the 20 pin.

if someone in the u.s. reports the same, then they likely will get a new phone, at no cost. apple has already been chastised publicly in china over not offering the same warranty. i now experienced this inequality treatment first hand. i hope this post can draw some attention to the problem.

further, i bought an encase mini car charger in jan. the connector is broken, so took it back to the same store. they told me to write encase for service and warranty. after emailing a couple times yielding no responses, i found the encase website returns an error however many times i tried with my hong kong address. it finally accepts when i used an us address, and i found out that they only send replacements back to us addresses.

who would anyone wait weeks or months for replacements these days? i'm sure apple hong kong is aware of these service and warranty issues yet, they continue to sell encase and other products. on their own products, they don't repair and replace. they just ask you to buy a new unit. is this the monopoly our support over the year has given rise to? if so, then i'm not apple-ing...

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 7:42 AM

1 reply

Jun 27, 2015 7:50 AM in response to benyin

benyin wrote:

if someone in the u.s. reports the same, then they likely will get a new phone, at no cost. apple has already been chastised publicly in china over not offering the same warranty. i now experienced this inequality treatment first hand. i hope this post can draw some attention to the problem.

Where did you get the idea that, if someone in the U.S. damages their phone, it will be fixed under warranty? Spend some time reading the forum. You'll discover that's not the case.

apple warranty in hong kong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.