Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac + Apple tv + airplay mirroring + black screen.

Hi.

I'm having some problem when i'm trying to do airplay mirroring or airplay extended screen from my imac.

The imac is just 1 year old and the airplay funktion have work before.

When I try to connect I do get audio from the computer to my Apple TV but only a black screen.

If i go in to itunes and play a video from itunes thrue the airplay icon it works.

Ive tried most of the suggestions from this forum but most of them are related to 3pary apps thats not been installed on my imac.

// Mathais

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Apple TV

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 7:42 AM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2015 4:17 PM in response to Mattehalen

I Just updated my iMac to El Capitan in hope that my airplay / airdisplay function wound have been fixed buy the update but no. I'm still having the same problem. But after installing El Capitan i can even get the mirror / extended functions to show up as they did before.

I also tried to download Airparrot to see if that program works and yes i can use airparrot but not airplay.

I have no idé how to troubleshoot this.

Is there a way to reinstall the Airplay?

Is there anyway to see if some files have been deleated thats have to do with the airplay function?

I'm all for idés how to solve this. PLEASE send me some information on how to go from here.

User uploaded file

iMac + Apple tv + airplay mirroring + black screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.