Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Space Missing

Hi All,

I'm at my wit's end with iCloud.

First, my Specs:

20GB iCloud Storage Plan

64GB AT&T iPhone 6+

When I enter settings, the iCloud page reads that I have 20GB or storage, and 10.4GB have been used. When I enter the Storage page, it reads that I have used 10.4GB. Everything seems okay. Then when I enter the Manage Storage page, it reads that I am using the following data:

33.7MB for Documents and Data

7.8MB for Mail.

Nowhere near the 10.4GB I am supposedly using.

Now, when I open iCloud using a web browser (icloud.com), the settings page tells me that I am using this 10.4GB of space for backups. I cannot see these backups on either my iPhone, iPad mini, or the iCloud for Windows app. Using the windows app, when I open the backups tab, it tells me that my backups are 0kb in size - while also telling me (on the graphic progress-bar) that I am using 10.4GB in space.

I really have no idea what to do at this point. The only thing I can figure is that iCloud tried to back up my devices a few times, failed, and then never registered the backup - yet the space is still being used for some kind of incomplete or corrupted file that I cannot access/delete.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 7:45 AM

7 replies

Jun 28, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Krixon

I have this same issue. I am missing around 11GB out of my 20GB of space. I delete the backups of my phone and ipad hoping that would clear it up. Looking at my icloud space on my mac even after deleting all my device backups it still shows a 11.19GB backup, but I do not see this backup under manage devices anywhere so I have no way to reclaim the disk space.

Nov 24, 2015 11:42 PM in response to Krixon

I have the exact same issue. I just spent 3 hours in a chat session with 2 different Apple Support team members and had no luck. I restored all network settings, deleted (visible) backups, restored all settings, and even did a full erase / restore; none of it worked. I definitely feel that there are backups that are still taking up all of my iCloud storage space (20Gb), even though I have deleted them. This must be a bug and I hope they figure it out soon!

iCloud Space Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.