Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How would I connect my MacAir and iMac to share photos

How would I connect my Macbook Air and iMac to share photos?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Macbook Air-OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 10:36 AM

Use iCloud Photo Library, if your iCloud storage plan allows to upload your complete photos library. With iCloud Photo Library the libraries on your macs could be in perfect sync. ( What is iCloud Photo Library? )

If you do not want to pay for a storage plan, copy your Photos Library to an external drive and plug it into the Mac where you want to use your library, as described here: iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2015 10:36 AM in response to eg in BC

Use iCloud Photo Library, if your iCloud storage plan allows to upload your complete photos library. With iCloud Photo Library the libraries on your macs could be in perfect sync. ( What is iCloud Photo Library? )

If you do not want to pay for a storage plan, copy your Photos Library to an external drive and plug it into the Mac where you want to use your library, as described here: iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users

How would I connect my MacAir and iMac to share photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.