Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to save duplicate files?

I have a large movie in mp4 that I need to trim in the middle. I duplicated the file in Quicktime so I could trim the beginning of one and the end of the other. I can not figure out how to "save" or rename them to my mac . I have untitled files in my bottom bar, but I can't get them into proper folders. Help! This is from a special day with my friend's daughter who passed away last October. I need to make I I have them preserved for the family.

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 7:50 AM

2 replies

Jun 27, 2015 10:49 AM in response to RattyPatti

I have a large movie in mp4 that I need to trim in the middle. I duplicated the file in Quicktime so I could trim the beginning of one and the end of the other. I can not figure out how to "save" or rename them to my mac .

Basically there are many workflows here. If I understand you correctly, you opened the file in the QT X player, used the "Duplicate" option to create a duplicate copy of the original file, and then either want to save the duplicate copy of the file under a new name or edited the duplicate copy and then want to save the edited copy of the file under a new file name. If so, then the normal workflow at this point would be to close the duplicate or edited duplicate file and assign a new filename to the file when the "Save" window opens. (See the QUICKIE TUTORIAL I just created to demonstrate this particular workflow.)

Another popular workflow would be to use the Finder level services to both duplicate and the rename your file as seen in this SECONDARY QUICKIE TUTORIAL. Basically, you just select the file you wish to duplicate in the Finder and use the "Command-D" shortcut option to duplicate the file. You can then rename the filename if you wish. (NOTE: These "tutorials" are stored on my personal sever and periodically deleted when additional storage space is required.)

User uploaded file

how to save duplicate files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.