Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a stereo I use for airplay, but my neighbor just got an Apple TV, is their a way to disable their AppleTV from being an option on my computer?

I have a 2013 MacBook Air with Yosemite 10.10.3.

I also have a Denon AVR-400 stereo receiver with Apple Airplay for music from my devices over wifi.

This past weekend my neighbor's purchased an Apple TV that my computer has made a higher priority to link to than my stereo 4 ft away. It's extremely aggravating to listen to a song for 20 seconds and then have my computer link to a different device.

Is there a way to have my computer forget or make this Apple TV unaccessible?

Thank you,

Markus

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 8:43 AM

5 replies

Aug 14, 2015 4:50 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Airplay now works peer-2-peer. I creates an adhoc wifi network with any appleTV/apple device within the vicinity.

Ever since apple made this "feature," airplay is a cumbersome experience for anyone that lives in a large city or an apartment complex.

per apple support there is no way to fix this and they are not aware of any changes in the works.

I have a stereo I use for airplay, but my neighbor just got an Apple TV, is their a way to disable their AppleTV from being an option on my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.