Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 4th Generation Battery Life

I have had my iPod 4th Generation since its release date. I've had no problems with it whatsoever and have taken good care of it resulting in minimal scratches and similar markings, no water damage or overheating or shock damage etc etc. However recently the battery life has become a problem. Usually I will charge my iPod and other Apple products sometimes overnight but also throughout the day, but even after a full night of charge my iPod's battery life won't even last the length of a song without claiming to have "no charge".

I understand that my warranty is way, way out of date, but as this is a manufacture's fault and not damage caused by myself, is there anything Apple could do to help render this issue?? Any kind of software I can download to it or some kind of repair procedure I can send it away on? Thanks!

iPod nano (4th generation)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 8:12 AM

1 reply

Jun 27, 2015 11:25 AM in response to c3364650

Rechargeable batteries have a finite life, typically measured in charge/discharge cycles - not easy to quantify but the battery type used by iPods typically starts to fail at around 500 cycles. This is not a "manufacturing fault", just a technology limitation. It is possible to replace the battery - there seem to be plenty of after-market sellers out there together with instructions on how to effect the replacement. OTOH, 6-7 years is more than most consumer electronics products last ... when I've hit the end of battery life on iPods and other devices I've normally used this as the opportunity to upgrade to a current model.

iPod 4th Generation Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.