Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There was a problem connecting to the server : Time Capsule

Hi,

I cannot access my Time Capsule, I get the above message. I also get a message telling me that the Time Capsule is already in use. Any suggestions of what to do or try?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 10:22 AM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2015 11:23 AM in response to Dbguyan

1. Open the Sharing preference pane and check that the computer name hasn't changed without your knowledge. For example, if the name was "X's iMac," it might now be "X's iMac (2)". In that case, restore the original name. You may have to click the lock icon in the lower left corner of the preference pane to unlock the settings. Test. If there's no improvement, or if the name had not been changed, continue.

2. If you're backing up to a Time Capsule, or an AirDisk attached to a 2013 or later model AirPort Extreme base station, restart it in either of the following ways:

☞ Disconnect and reconnect the power adapter.

☞ Select the device in the AirPort Utility application and then select

Base Station ▹ Restart

from the menu bar.

If AirPort Utility notifies you of a firmware update, install it.

Jun 28, 2015 2:24 AM in response to Linc Davis

hi,

thanks for your reply.

I could not work out how to find/do sharing preferences. However, i have noticed at the top of a pan that my mac IS now called X mac (2)...so I think it is this. However, please can you clarify how I restore original name? I am not sure what you mean by preference pane/icon in lower left; if you could advise me further on this please?

There was a problem connecting to the server : Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.