Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Sync Calendars and Contacts with iPod Nano 3rd Gen

Hi!

Last night I resurrected my iPod Nano 3rd Generation. I plan to use it as a PDA-type device. I only had my iBook G4 (Mid 2005 OS X 10.5.8 iTunes 10.6.3) with me last night so I synced a few basic contacts with it through iTunes. The Pictures displayed perfectly and all the information was in check. I synced a few calendars with events and those worked perfectly with iTunes too. However, my main computer has all my real Contacts and Calendars (iMac Late 2006 iTunes 12 OS X 10.7.5 Lion) so I obviously wanted to sync those contacts with the iPod. However I discovered iTunes 12 does not have any tab (Info) for syncing Contacts and Calendars.

I tried exporting vCards but the pictures do not remain and it is a far less elegant solution. It's even worse with Calendars: Exporting is long and strenuous and is even more less elegant. I couldn't configure an automator action to trigger when the iPod was connected. I don't want to sync with my iBook for contacts and calendars because 1. Leopard doesn't have CardDAV (I use iCloud for Contacts and Calendars) and 2. I don't want to have to plug my iPod into two Macs to sync.

Any Suggestions? Any Answers? Anything is appreciated.

rkona1731

iPod nano, Mac OS X (10.7.5), iTunes 12

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 10:51 AM

There are no replies.

How to Sync Calendars and Contacts with iPod Nano 3rd Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.