Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP airdrop doesn't work from/to iPhone

I have latest 2013 MBP 15" retina display (Yosemite), Iphone 5s (IOS 8.3) and iPad air 2 (IOS 8.3).

Problem is airdrop connection because I have problems from MBP to other devices, while among iPhone and iPad it works fine.

MBP often doesn't find my iPhone or if It finds it connections passes to waiting state and nothing happens, sometimes connection is lost (airdrop device icon miss!)

If I go to 'finder' in airdrop section, iPhone icon doesn't appear or it occurs much time. I'm sure to follow right procedure infact among iphone and ipad it's ok.

Sometimens I succeeded to send file but I cannot understand how it worked!

I tried to signo out iCloud account from MBP and I signed it again but nothing.

Suggestions!?!?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 3:28 PM

Are you certain they are all on the same WiFi network?

If your Router has both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, those are separate networks. If it broadcasts both, but you don't know which is which, that may be the problem.

With one on 5GHz and another on 2.4GHz, one device may see the other, but not vice-versa. Transmissions may or may not succeed.

I have my router set to give each network a different SSID so that I can tell the difference.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2015 3:28 PM in response to Rickyleroy

Are you certain they are all on the same WiFi network?

If your Router has both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, those are separate networks. If it broadcasts both, but you don't know which is which, that may be the problem.

With one on 5GHz and another on 2.4GHz, one device may see the other, but not vice-versa. Transmissions may or may not succeed.

I have my router set to give each network a different SSID so that I can tell the difference.

MBP airdrop doesn't work from/to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.