Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transcend Jet Drive "not ejected properly" when battery dies.

Whenever my mac runs out of juice and goes to sleep, whenever I power it back up, Mac OS throws up this error with respect to my Transcend JetDrive

User uploaded file

Seems to me, this could be improved, the OS could unmount the drive properly first. Perhaps this is a bug in Apple’s sleep sequence.
Or maybe Apple does everything correctly, and this is Transcend’s problem?

Either way, I have seen the error enough times that I thought it worth posting here.

The Jet Drive doesn't re-mount after the computer wakes back up either.

Opening up disk utility might trigger the drive to become accessible again, or perhaps physically yanking the flash drive and sticking it back in.

I know I shouldn't be letting my mac drain all the way down so that it is going to sleep on me, but given that I do, and so do many many users, this happens all the time to many macbook users. Is there room for improvement here?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012) Latest OS: 10.10.3
Transcend Jet Drive Lite 130 64 GB http://us.transcend-info.com/apple/jetdrivelite/

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 8:44 AM

Hey Hupjack— have you installed the Transcend JetDrive Toolbox? See here:

http://www.transcend-info.com/Support/Software-181/

From the description: "The Power Save function helps save power by automatically eject your JetDrive Lite before the Mac enters Standby mode and remount it when the Mac wakes up."

There's also a dedicated utility to manage this called Mountain, offered by Appgineers.de.

I have my own issues with mounting and remounting automatically that neither of these pieces of software seem to fix— when my computer wakes from sleep, I can see the card mounted, but I get an "error -50" warning, and can't write anything to the drive until I eject (forcibly) and remount. Pain in the nethers. That said, with regard to these apps/utilties, YMMV. Try the toolbox first— it's free.

Hope that helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2015 8:44 AM in response to hupjack

Hey Hupjack— have you installed the Transcend JetDrive Toolbox? See here:

http://www.transcend-info.com/Support/Software-181/

From the description: "The Power Save function helps save power by automatically eject your JetDrive Lite before the Mac enters Standby mode and remount it when the Mac wakes up."

There's also a dedicated utility to manage this called Mountain, offered by Appgineers.de.

I have my own issues with mounting and remounting automatically that neither of these pieces of software seem to fix— when my computer wakes from sleep, I can see the card mounted, but I get an "error -50" warning, and can't write anything to the drive until I eject (forcibly) and remount. Pain in the nethers. That said, with regard to these apps/utilties, YMMV. Try the toolbox first— it's free.

Hope that helps.

Transcend Jet Drive "not ejected properly" when battery dies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.