Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make CD recording playable

Lately, I made a copy of an old CD and could not be played on my car or CD player. Tried to find options and was not given . Any suggestions and/or guidelines?

They will be welcome. Thanks .

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 11:25 AM

7 replies

Jun 28, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Klaus1

Hello Klaus,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is what my Mac has always had,

Interconnect:ATAPI
Burn Support:Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
Cache:2000 KB
Reads DVD:Yes
CD-Write:-R, -RW
DVD-Write:-R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
Write Strategies:CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Media:To show the available burn speeds, insert a disc and choose File > Refresh Information

I used to have options to select speed, and finalize the copy to be able to play it on my cd or my car. Now it can only be played on the computer.

Options of finalizing its window does not appear any more. Any suggestions and/or solution.

Jun 29, 2015 9:54 AM in response to Klaus1

Again Thank you Klaus,

Sorry that I did not answer your questions correctly. I have to clarify, I'm not very knowledgeable with computers and the English language. Obviously I understand enough to do things and make myself understood, but still have minor difficulties with both.

If by brand you mean CD, first I used a Sony RW, and I realized after reading the instructions this CD was not going to work, I got a CD=RMusic of Maxell 80min/700 MB. and the same thing occurred.

I followed the instructions given by Help Apple CD burning. The same steps were given as the first time.No options Window appeared.

I had the Daphnis et Chole suite in the playlist library de Itunes. Once before I moved the tracks to a file named Burning and from there i clicked the Burn button

With the same result, CD showed the 23 tracks did not play on CD player, only directly on the computer Itunes after.

Tried again without moving the tracks to the Burn File but clicking directly on the Itunes option. Same result. Last attempts were with the maxwell CDs -Rmusic.

I hope this information with give you a better idea. I certainly appreciate you have taken the time to ask and respond to me.

Certainly, if ever I received a solution to be able to have the options Window available again and solve how to make playable copies I will be happy and pleased of knowing how to do it. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Leopoldo Labra A.

<Personal Information Edited By Host>

Jun 30, 2015 9:53 AM in response to Klaus1

Again thank you. The only thing I need to know is how to have the options window on Mac open. Before I was able to make the CDs and they were playable because Iwas able to select the format of the tracks to WAV. What I had to do is make the CD with my Dell that had Creator 10 of Roxio. Maxwell, Sony or tother CDs used to work alright. Again I don't know if changing the OS of Mac to Yosemite made the change of the Disk Utility. and now it does not give the options.

Make CD recording playable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.