Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts disappeared from Macbook Air

All the contacts disappeared from my Contacts on my MacBook Air. It has been like this for a couple of weeks at least and they are still gone. It is possible that I changed a setting that inadvertently caused the problem but I don't remember what I did. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could look to reinstate the settings?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 5:04 PM

3 replies

Jun 29, 2015 12:57 PM in response to palmetta

Good day palmetta,

Is it possible that these contacts were being kept in an Internet account such as iCloud?

If you look in System Preferences (under the Apple menu) and select Internet Accounts there may be one or more accounts listed here. If you are using an iCloud account, select it and see if it has the Contacts checkbox checked. If it is not, check that box, go back to the Contacts application (no need to close System Preferences) and see if the contacts you were missing have returned. Note that you need to be connected to the Internet in order for this to work. See this article for information on enabling and disabling iCloud features -

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings

Other Internet accounts may have features that can be enabled or disabled in the same fashion, so try the other accounts as well as iCloud. See this article for more information on Internet Accounts -

OS X Yosemite: Internet Accounts preferences

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing,

Brett L

Contacts disappeared from Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.