Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Purchasing with 2 Apple IDs on 1 MacBook Pro

There is a program on the App Store that I would like to purchase for my MacBook Pro through a family member's Apple ID, which is different than my Apple ID. From previous research, I understand that a MacBook Pro can run with separate Apple IDs for iCloud versus iTunes, App Store, etc., but I have been unable to determine whether it is possible to autonomously run several apps purchased through the App Store under completely different Apple IDs. Is there any way to run multiple apps tied to different Apple IDs on one MacBook Pro? For example, would creating a separate user account for the other Apple ID be a feasible solution?

Specs:

OS X Yosemite

Version 10.10.2

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 6:07 PM

Yes, it is; nothing special is required to do so. The only issues you may run into are that each application will need to be updated with its own Apple ID, and if you download previous(not new) purchases from multiple Apple IDs, you may encounter a 90-day waiting period.

(129380)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2015 6:07 PM in response to sbhfly

Yes, it is; nothing special is required to do so. The only issues you may run into are that each application will need to be updated with its own Apple ID, and if you download previous(not new) purchases from multiple Apple IDs, you may encounter a 90-day waiting period.

(129380)

App Store Purchasing with 2 Apple IDs on 1 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.