Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook 13 inch (Mid 2012) Logic Board Issues

Two days ago my MacBook screen completely went black and the fan of the computer runs but my display wont come on at all. So I began to do some research and I found out that some MacBook Pros that were manufactured in the same period of time as my computer were getting the logic boards replaced free of charge. So I called Apple Support and the associate assured me that if the issue with my computer had anything to do with my logic board then they would fix it for free. First I had to get it checked by the Apple Store to make sure that it was an issue with the logic board. So then the associate scheduled a visit for me to the apple store. So I went to the Apple Store and got the diagnostic ran on my computer, and they found that the video card adhered to my logic board had malfunctioned but they would not replace my logic board complimentary because my MacBook model did not meet the requirements. The reason why my computer did not meet the requirements is because it was not a 15 or 17 inch MacBook pro. I couldn't understand why apple wouldn't fix my MacBook if it was facing the same exact problem and it was manufactured in the same period of time. So I went and called Apple Support as soon as I got home, I tried to explain to them my issue and how an associate I spoke to earlier said that they would replace it since it was manufactured in the same period of time. I was referred to the lead agent and he kept talking to me in circles and I asked him if I could speak to someone else and he told me that he's the only one I could speak to because he's the highest authority. I felt so defeated as an apple fan and user I expected a lot more from a company that has gained so much market share because of their customers. So today I called the apple store that I purchased the MacBook from and tried to speak to a manager about my issue and they basically told me they'll run a diagnostic but wont fix it complementary because apple doesn't require them. I got this MacBook as a Christmas gift and I've had it for a year and a half and its completely malfunctioned already. I didn't get AppleCare because I couldn't afford it. I'm a college student and I thought that I was getting the best computer on the market, based on the lack of empathy from Apple support and the store I was just very disappointed. I don't know where to go from here can any one give me any advice.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 7:07 PM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2015 7:44 PM in response to Sluxama1

Sluxama1 wrote:

Two days ago my MacBook screen completely went black and the fan of the computer runs but my display wont come on at all. So I began to do some research and I found out that some MacBook Pros that were manufactured in the same period of time as my computer were getting the logic boards replaced free of charge.

So I called Apple Support and the associate assured me that if the issue with my computer had anything to do with my logic board then they would fix it for free. First I had to get it checked by the Apple Store to make sure that it was an issue with the logic board. So then the associate scheduled a visit for me to the apple store. So I went to the Apple Store and got the diagnostic ran on my computer, and they found that the video card adhered to my logic board had malfunctioned but they would not replace my logic board complimentary because my MacBook model did not meet the requirements. The reason why my computer did not meet the requirements is because it was not a 15 or 17 inch MacBook pro.

I couldn't understand why apple wouldn't fix my MacBook if it was facing the same exact problem and it was manufactured in the same period of time. So I went and called Apple Support as soon as I got home, I tried to explain to them my issue and how an associate I spoke to earlier said that they would replace it since it was manufactured in the same period of time. I was referred to the lead agent and he kept talking to me in circles and I asked him if I could speak to someone else and he told me that he's the only one I could speak to because he's the highest authority. I felt so defeated as an apple fan and user I expected a lot more from a company that has gained so much market share because of their customers.

So today I called the apple store that I purchased the MacBook from and tried to speak to a manager about my issue and they basically told me they'll run a diagnostic but wont fix it complementary because apple doesn't require them.

I got this MacBook as a Christmas gift and I've had it for a year and a half and its completely malfunctioned already.

I didn't get AppleCare because I couldn't afford it. I'm a college student and I thought that I was getting the best computer on the market, based on the lack of empathy from Apple support and the store I was just very disappointed.

I don't know where to go from here can any one give me any advice.

Not sure what you want to hear- luck of the draw your computer failed. No warranty, no extended warranty it is an out of pocket expense.

Ask for the depot repair. It is flat rate repair for anything that is wrong and much more reasonable:

" Apples Depot service- a tiered flat-rate repair service that Apple offers in the USA. The computer is sent to a central facility (the "depot") and anything and everything that's wrong with it is fixed for one of several flat rates depending on its general condition."

If you are a DIY type person, replace it yourself, can be found on http://www.powerbookmedic.com/

Macbook 13 inch (Mid 2012) Logic Board Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.