Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anybody know what this means? bdb_idl_delete_key: c_del id failed: DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK

Anybody know what this is about and why it keeps repeating in the Open Directory of LDAP log?

I thought a clean install of 10.10.3/4.1 server would fix it but it hasn't. Came back after importing users and groups. Have to import users as they are tied to a calendar server so need the same UUID.

DNS resolving forward and reverse.

No other services other then Open Directory running.

Thanks in advance if any suggestions.

On restart this is how it begins..... xxx.xx.com = name I changed to hide company name.....

slapd[245]: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.28 (Feb 24 2015 21:45:59) $

root@osx202.apple.com:/BinaryCache/OpenLDAP/OpenLDAP-499.32.4~1/Objects/servers/slapd

Jun 27 21:40:30 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: daemon: SLAP_SOCK_INIT: dtblsize=8192

Jun 27 21:40:30 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: TLS: OPENDIRECTORY_SSL_IDENTITY identity preference overrode configured olcTLSIdentity "APPLE: xxx.xx.com"

Jun 27 21:40:30 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: slap_add_listener: opened additional listener 'ldaps:///'

Jun 27 21:40:31 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: bdb_monitor_db_open: monitoring disabled; configure monitor database to enable

Jun 27 21:40:31 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: slapd starting

Jun 27 21:40:31 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: daemon: posting com.apple.slapd.startup notification

Jun 27 21:40:38 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: => bdb_idl_delete_key: c_del id failed: DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK: Locker killed to resolve a deadlock (-30994)

Jun 27 21:40:38 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: conn=1426 op=2: attribute "entryCSN" index delete failure

Jun 27 21:40:38 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: => bdb_idl_insert_key: c_get failed: DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK: Locker killed to resolve a deadlock (-30994)

Jun 27 21:40:38 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: conn=1426 op=4: attribute "entryCSN" index add failure

Jun 27 21:40:38 xxx.xx.com slapd[245]: => bdb_idl_insert_key: c_put id failed: DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK: Locker killed to resolve a deadlock (-30994)

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Clean install of 10.10.3/Server 4.1

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 7:05 PM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2015 2:30 PM in response to Linc Davis

Sorry but I don't agree with your reply.

Just because you don't know of a functional problem doesn't mean you don't have one. It could be undiscovered or one building up. Especially repeating log files every couple of seconds which can become an issue causing cpu slow downs or excessive storage issues of log files.

This was a new Open Directory(OD) build, done over the weekend so it wasn't getting pounded by end users. After doing some searching on the net and asking Enterprise support with no resolve I put it out to the community.

On the same server I also got this error in the Console log....every two seconds.

kernel[0]: Limiting open port RST response from xxx

Again searching the net and asking Enterprise which had no idea I rebuilt OD on another fresh clean install and immediately saw the same issues. I tracked it down to a switch. After power cycling that issue was resolved and log was clean with that RST error.

Just doing nothing without a bit of investigation simply because a problem is not evident is not good IT support... in my opinion.

Anybody know what this means? bdb_idl_delete_key: c_del id failed: DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.