Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add children to Family Sharing as children?

I'm trying to add two of my sons to our family sharing. They both have Apple id's already. Because of that, I sent invitations to each and they each accepted. My problem is that they were both added as adults, not children. I'd like to restrict their purchases, but can't unless they're added as children. Any solutions short of setting up new Apple id's for them?

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 10:59 PM

See if you can correct their dates of birth (once they're changed to be under-13 they can't be changed again) : Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

6 replies

Nov 18, 2015 1:09 PM in response to Steve7311

I do not think to set my kids date of births lower than 13, since they are 13, 16 and 17. There must be a different way to set their status to 'child' in the family sharing. This settings should be the privilige of the family sharing manager. Anyone knows how to set this correctly? My kids also have their own apple ID, and we have no control on their shopping, since the credit card is shared by the sharing manager, and they need no confirmation, since they are registered as adults. Please help!

Add children to Family Sharing as children?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.