Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not moving new music to iPod since upgrade to 12.1.2.27

iPod classic, no problems synching music UNTIL I upgraded to 12.1.2.27. Now new music,visible in iTunes, will not synch. What's especially weird is that I SAW iTunes display that it was synching the music via the bar on top - but nothing since the upgrade has actually been moved to my iPod, as far as I can tell.

The albums are checked in iTunes, not unchecked.

No songs from the albums are on the Songs list. The albums are not in the Compilation list. They're just not there.

What do I do?

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 6:43 PM

16 replies

Jun 28, 2015 5:43 PM in response to Ranj96

Upgrade of iTunes, or the device? You cannot roll back iOS devices. For iTunes uninstall everything related to it and install an older version.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Jun 29, 2015 6:48 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your continued responses. I'm actually hoping someone out there has a remedy for this problem. I have spoken with others who have the exact same problem, so the fault would seem to lie with the version of iTunes. I had problems with trying to uninstall and reinstall iTunes previously, and would like to avoid that hassle if possible.

Jul 5, 2015 1:02 PM in response to turingtest2

So, I was excited to see a new iTunes update. I installed it, and connected my iPod. The sync did not move any of the un-moved music over. I deleted one of the albums, then re-loaded it onto iTunes. I hooked up my iPod again. The sync was "complete," but the music was still not moved over. Do you still recommend a complete uninstall/re-install?

Jul 11, 2015 12:17 PM in response to turingtest2

Sync selections were correct, so I uninstalled following the instructions in the link you previously provided.

Tries to reinstall iTunes. Encountered this:

Service 'Apple Mobile Device Service (Apple Mobile Device Service)' failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I use an admin login, plus I right-clicked the installer and chose Run As Administrator. I ignored the message, and at the end of the attepted install, I got an Error 7 (Windows Error 193), iTunes did not install correctly, etc.

I remember having this problem once before, when the power in my house went out during an iTunes update, and I had to uninstall/re-install. I do not remember the solution. CAn you help?

Jul 11, 2015 11:45 PM in response to Ranj96

The section Install missing components explains how to break down the iTunes installer into separate components with a view to installing them one by one.

If you haven't tried it already, and you have a 64-bit system, try the alternate build iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) which is a 64-bit installer for mainly 32-bit components, similar to all 64-bit releases prior to 12.1. It often seems to install properly when the all 64-bit version won't.

tt2

iTunes not moving new music to iPod since upgrade to 12.1.2.27

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.