Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Array Calc

I'm trying to import a file into Numbers that I built in Excel that uses a lot of calculations where I would hit command+enter in Excel to calculate it as an array which was signified by putting { } around the entire equation. Is there a way I can do this in Numbers?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 5:21 PM

5 replies

Jun 28, 2015 11:59 AM in response to Yellowbox

Thank you for your input. I basically have a table that I'm looking for a quick check if the full table has been filled out. I'm using it as a chart to track when things are done and I'd like a binary output for if it has been completed. The equation that worked in Excel is {=IF(SUM(ISBLANK(C8:I15)×1)=0,1,0)}. I know I can accomplish this by doing a table of the same size full of isblank functions linking back to the original C8:I15 table, but that seems overly clunky. I'm finding ways to fix some of my other issues, but some other things look like Numbers does not have a good solution, like hyperlinked cells to jump from one sheet to another.

Jun 28, 2015 1:49 PM in response to cowboysnut

cowboysnut wrote:

I basically have a table that I'm looking for a quick check if the full table has been filled out. I'm using it as a chart to track when things are done and I'd like a binary output for if it has been completed.

If I understand you correctly, using COUNTIF can give you a 1 if the range has no blanks, and 0 if it has one blank or more.

User uploaded file

=IF(COUNTIF(C8:I15,"")=0,1,0)

SG

Array Calc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.