Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to update my apps but have no funds in my account. And games are free but it's not letting my card go through. Keeps saying no. My

I'm trying to update my apps but have no funds in my account. And games are free but it's not letting my card go through. Keeps saying no. My

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 6:55 PM

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 6:36 AM in response to Natjacks89

A card with no funds sounds like a debit card that you bought from a store. Apple does not accept that type of debit card.

Any card that you have registered in your account info must have available funds even if the content that you buy is free. The first thing that the system does is check if the card has available funds. If there are no funds the transaction cannot progress further.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 1.0.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.