Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to open Outlook in Microsoft Office for Mac 2010

Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 7:57 PM

7 replies

Jun 27, 2015 8:10 PM in response to KiltedTim

Apologies - 2011.

After clicking to launch Outlook it show momentarily on the desktop and that is as far as it goes.

All updates have been done as far as I can tell. Installed the program some years ago so have not tried to reinstall - to be honest I cannot even recall if it was off a disk or whether bought online. Not much experience in this arena.Thanks for your input.

Jul 2, 2015 1:59 AM in response to Henry Dirk

I'm having this same issue too. I'm running OS X 10.10.3. It suddenly just occurred. It gives me "..unexpectedly quit while reopening windows..." message and the giving me the option to 'Reopen" or "Don't Reopen". When I click Reopen, it says "this free preview will expire in 7 days" Ignore or Activate. I know my version is a paid version. I click Activate. The it says "Microsoft Outlook unexpectedly quit" with Reopen, Ignore options. It just goes into a loop like this.

Anyone has any idea what is going on?

Jul 4, 2015 4:02 AM in response to Just-Jack

After returning home I restored my computer completely from a back up on my Time Capsule dated a week or so before I started having problems with Outlook.

This seems to have solved the problem albeit at a sacrifice of my work saved after that particular back up - fortunately only a few weeks!

Sorry I do not have any other ideas to help those of you facing similar problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.