Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I upload my videos onto Youtube with HD resolution?

Even though I save my videos in iMovie as "720HD," whenever I go to my camera roll and open up the short videos I sent to myself through e-mail, the video is clearly not in HD. And when I upload it on Youtube to see, the quality is bad and there is no option to view it in 720HD setting.

Why am I unable to export video from iMovie in HD quality even though I'm saving it as HD?

Please help me out!

(T open the videos, I'veused both Windows Media Player and Quicktime Player).

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 9:18 PM

4 replies

Sep 11, 2015 9:05 AM in response to YSSPark

Hi YSSPark! I'm having the same quality issue via iMovie to YouTube. I have ipad2, which is terrible camera quality to begin with, but my regular craft videos show up fine on YouTube when sent directly there via Capture app without editing. Not Great, but viewable and enjoyable. Not so when edited with the iMovie app, the quality is so poor that there is no point in having paid $4.99 and spent hours editing to not really be able to see clearly what I'm doing in my craft videos. Even the photos taken with iphone 5S, which is better quality camera than ipad, look grainy in the montage portion on my video.

Anyhoo...I was checking in ios Settings to see what versions of each app I have and latest ios, to give accurate info. here and I noticed when I clicked on iMovie in settings, there is a selection you can make to choose, Record iFrame 720p. Perhaps this will help you. I've turned in on in my ipad. Because uploading in the best quality available from iMovie to iPhoto did Not change the poor quality of my edited video. I may need to go check the settings in the Capture app as well, sometimes when they update it gets kicked back to low quality for faster uploading.

Hope this helps, since no one has noticed your question.

Paulette

ipad2

ios 8.4.1

Capture 2.0.2

iMovie 2.1.2 (1845-8)

Why can't I upload my videos onto Youtube with HD resolution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.