Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SeaGate External Hard Drive will not show up on Mac.

Hello everyone. I have an issues that I need to find a fix for ASAP.

I have an external hard drive by Seagate(model: FreeAgent GoFlex) that is currently not showing up on my Mac on the Desktop nor the Finder menu. I have tried to go into Disk Utility and while in there the HDD shows up just like the Macintosh HD does with the main tab above the tabbed in sub tab as shown below.

User uploaded file

As you can see the Verify Disk and Repair Disk options are both unusable by being faded out.

The bottom tab for the external HDD is also faded out and is also unresponsive when trying to do anything to it.

This HDD that I use I have about 3-4 years worth of data on and 90% of the data on it is irreplaceable since it is so old. I need to find a way that I can access the contents on the HDD even if that is to just move it to a different one till I purchase a new one.

I have tried to contact Seagate about the problem and am unable to get a solution from them either. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work, even plugging into a Windows computer to try it and it still will not show up on it either.

Yes I have all of the proper boxes check marked in the options menus for what shows where on the computer.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 12:34 AM

There are no replies.

SeaGate External Hard Drive will not show up on Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.