Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic not showing up on itunes. It comes it comes up when i unplug?

I've had this happen a couple of times before, but forgot how I fixed. Think I took and plugged into another computer. Anyway, I know its a simple fix, unfortunately, apple wants 30$ to tell me this simple solution.It doesn't show up so I can recover it. ITunes doesn't even respond while it's connected. Any info on how I can maybe recover without it coming up on iTunes. Thanks for any help. i'll keep trying. I'm sure i'll figure it out. It's done this many times to varying degrees. P.S. I've already done all the reset, everything up to date, try to get to it on my computer (windows), etc. Thanks

iPod classic, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Jun 27, 2015 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 10:18 AM

What happens if you put the iPod in disc mode and connect it before starting Windows?

Is the iPod Service running?

Have you tried repairing iTunes?

tt2

8 replies

Jun 28, 2015 11:45 AM in response to turingtest2

thanks, man. Yea, I tried disc mode this morning before I saw response. there's something fishy still going on, but at least I was able to get iTunes to show it, not have iTunes frozen up and unaproachable while its connected, and was able to restore. I should be able to handle from here, as long as it keeps showing up on iTunes. I still get that "scan and fix" message from windows when ipod is plugged in, but I just disregard. thanks again for your time.

Jun 29, 2015 1:14 AM in response to turingtest2

by the way, my numbers ran:

Retracts: 595

Reallocs: 4

Pending sectors: 2

Power on hours: 1241

Start/ Stops: 9744

Temp: current 26c

Temp: Min 12c

Temp: 43c

I don't really know how to read it except reallocs and pendings are pretty low.. Ive had it since 2007 and love it. use most all day at work. If it dies, I'll have to find a used classic. I think apple quit making them and it's the only ones I really like. I've had nanos (3 different gens) and shuffles (2 diff gens) and I gave them away to other people, who can live with mediocrity. Anyway, mines back on iTunes and im slowly syncing my music. And cleaning up my library duplicates. Thanks

Jun 30, 2015 12:18 AM in response to turingtest2

I'll give that a try. For awhile it has kind of froze up when you first hit play. It wont respond to anything like volume up, until screen goes blank. Then it responds. I've just kind of ignored that. My only question on that DFU is it says plug into USB, hard reset (12 seconds), then open iTunes. But won't iTunes be opened as soon as I plug it into USB? Just want to get that straight before I attempt it. Thanks.

ipod classic not showing up on itunes. It comes it comes up when i unplug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.