Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost my purchased ringtone and text tones

I synced my phone with my new computer and itune store and i lost all my ringtones a message tones. I cant't find them anywhere and if I try to download them again a message pops out that I have already purchased the item and if I want to buy them again. Usually it just allows my to redownload them

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 3:21 AM

5 replies

Jun 28, 2015 3:24 AM in response to haravr

Tones (and audiobooks) are a one-time download from the store, you will be charged to redownload them. Do you have copies of them in the Tones section of your old computer's iTunes library, or on your backup of that computer's library ? If not, and for those that are still in the store, you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will grant you a redownload : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Jun 28, 2015 11:52 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you for your reply! When I changed iphone my ringtones where transferred to my new device. Now all of a sudden I lost all my purchased tones. When I to contact the itune store it just gives me a phone number I can contact and that number is only for mac users. There is no support for iphone users in my region!

I also have a lot of tracks in my itune library that i used to have on my old iphone (4S) but cannot be transferred to this iphone (6). I don't know what's wrong with my iTunes!

Jul 2, 2015 10:34 AM in response to haravr

Correct. Tones are one time download. If you lose them you would need to buy them again.

You should have been storing everything on your old computer and backing up your old computer. When you got a new computer, you would simply copy everything from your old computer or your backup copy of your old computer to your new one, then sync your device to the new computer.

iphone will sync with one computer at a time. Syncing to a new computer will erase the iPhone content and replace with the content from the new computer.

lost my purchased ringtone and text tones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.