Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 gets shutdown automatically everday

HI All,

i have purchased IPhone 6 last year in november.

FRom past one week my phone is getting shutdown automatically without any prompt

ALso the battery charge is more than 80% when it shuts down

to switch it on i have to press the home button and the power button to switch it on

please let me know what can i do to get this fixed

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 2:47 AM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2015 2:25 PM in response to Samir2387

Hi there Samir,

It sounds like your phone isn't charging to 100% and shuts off on its own automatically. This should be pretty easy to isolate to either hardware or software. I would start by quitting all the running apps on your phone:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.

2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.

3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

If after all that the issue still persists then your phone will need service:

iPhone Battery and Power - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Iphone 6 gets shutdown automatically everday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.