Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External HD

Good morning Apple community,

Recently, I had an issue with my apps crashing, and based upon the suggestion from the Apple Care team, we performed a complete re-set of my computer. Prior to doing so, I backed up my data onto my external hard drive. Fast forward almost 3 weeks later, when I went to perform a new back-up, a "Back-Up is full" message greeted me. Previously, my external hard drive would override previous back-ups, but now it no longer does so. Please bear in mind that I am an incredibly non-tech savvy individual; nevertheless, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 5:40 AM

3 replies

Jun 28, 2015 10:08 AM in response to jng14

Might be "nprmal"!

The backup disk is full (Snow Leopard 10.6.x and later; sample from Mountain Lion)

If you have the Notify after old backups are deleted box checked in Time Machine Preferences > Options, you'll see this message after Time Machine has deleted some old backups. The new backup completed normally, and you don't need to take any action -- this is just a notification.

If you don't want to see this message again when Time Machine deletes more old backups, click the Do not show this warning again box in the message, or un-check the Notify . . . box in Time Machine Preferences > Options.

http://pondini.org/TM/C4.html

External HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.