Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Toshiba Hard Drive non being recognisable to my MacBook Air? (when it was working fine 2 days ago)

Okay, so around 3 weeks ago i purchased a Toshiba Hard drive 1TB 3.0 USB port on sale for $69 Australian dollars. It was working fine for 2 and a half weeks so i transferred all my movies onto to it (60g worth of movies). i went to plug it in the other day and it stopped working. So i freaked out and emailed Toshiba but got no reply. I found a temperary fix to the situation which was to shut down my Mac plug the hard drive in and then turn the laptop on. But i immediately became frustrated with this, so i went looking for more fixes.

I stumbled upon a widest which told me if i went to Disk Utility, Erase and Mac OD Journal it would help. But it made it all worse. It now won't show up at all only on disk utility, it won't work on my Surface RT either.

PLEASE PLEASE help me. I am only quiet young and don't have a job so $69 was a lot for me.

iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 6:29 AM

There are no replies.

Why is my Toshiba Hard Drive non being recognisable to my MacBook Air? (when it was working fine 2 days ago)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.