Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to update motion

My iMac runs Yosemity, however, I am not able to update my Motion 5.1 on version 5.2.1.

If I try to uninstall Motion 5.1 even this is not possible.

Any idea??

Thanks in advance

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 9:55 AM

Are you saying the update for Motion 5.2.1 doesn't show up at all?

When you remove Motion, and reinstall it, it only installs version 5.1 and that's it?

First, if your iMac is running the latest public release Yosemite, not a beta version, you should be able to update. Download "FCS Remover" from Digital Rebellion, it is free, and use it to remove all traces of Motion from your iMac. Moving the icon from Applications to Trash doesn't do that. Reboot your iMac, launch the App Store, go to Purchases, install.

Exactly what year iMac do you have?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2015 9:55 AM in response to Peer Reviewer

Are you saying the update for Motion 5.2.1 doesn't show up at all?

When you remove Motion, and reinstall it, it only installs version 5.1 and that's it?

First, if your iMac is running the latest public release Yosemite, not a beta version, you should be able to update. Download "FCS Remover" from Digital Rebellion, it is free, and use it to remove all traces of Motion from your iMac. Moving the icon from Applications to Trash doesn't do that. Reboot your iMac, launch the App Store, go to Purchases, install.

Exactly what year iMac do you have?

unable to update motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.