Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applecare serial number rejected

Why is it that Applecare doesn't recognise my Serial number? I have tried re-typing a lot of times but it just keeps prompting me to enter a valid serial number.

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 2:45 AM

Contact Apple via the appropriate part of this document. ...

http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

Regret, I cannot be more specific as you have not filled out your profile or included any details of the device.

8 replies

Jun 28, 2015 8:16 AM in response to valynnn

You didn't buy it from Apple and you didn't register it?

And, Apple usually starts the warranty period when they ship the items to the store or supplier, so that computer could have been a few months old when you bought it (has nothing to do with the supplier being trustworthy or not).

Exactly which model is it?

And, do you have a receipt (must be from an authorized reseller)?

If your model and purchase are from within the last year, you can contact Apple and must send them your receipt as proof.

Jun 28, 2015 9:01 AM in response to valynnn

Hello Valynnn,

It would seem that your machine is at best borderline in terms of qualifying and at worst out of warranty. If you write to the link I gave you in my initial post, diarize and explain the problem and include the serial number, you may get a sympathetic hearing but you must understand that we here, are not able to speak on Apple's behalf.

Write immediately as that will form the base date of your complaint ... and possible qualification for Applecare, if it's possible, will relate to that. The details of the terms for the start and finish of the qualification period are included in that same link.

Jun 28, 2015 9:19 AM in response to valynnn

Do you have a receipt? If so, try to contact Apple if your model is a mid 2014 - you may be within a week or two of the warranty ending. Give them your serial number and give them the date of your receipt and the supplier name - it is worth asking. If you purchased the extended Applecare and you are still within the first year, you can then register it; if the initial warranty has expired, you will need to try to return the Applecare as it will be of no use.

Applecare serial number rejected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.