Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s hanging?

I have an iPhone 5s that I bought last year in July, so it's still under its warranty period. I have the latest iOS update and my phone is in great condition; haven't ever dropped it or anything like that. However, recently I've noticed that my phone although rarely, hangs for like 15secs in the middle of an application or when I turn on the camera. Sometimes it also hangs when it's locked. Like I press the power button, but the phone won't light up. Then the third or fourth time it will. This is very rare and has happened like three times so far but I'm still concerned. I was thinking of taking it to an Apple authorised store and getting it serviced. What should i do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 11:04 AM

Have you tried a reset (reboot)? Hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time until an Apple logo appears.

3 replies

Jun 29, 2015 6:36 AM in response to ayeshak_

Sometimes a laggy iPhone can be the result of memory fragmentation in RAM (not in storage). It shouldn't happen, because iOS is generally very good about managing memory, but occasionally it needs to be helped. Try the following:

• Press HOME once, then double-press it to bring up the Quick Launch screen
  • Kill each app you see by flicking its screen image up. Continue until all apps except the Home screen are closed
  • Press HOME once, and wait about 2 minutes for all apps to finish shutting down
  • Turn the phone off by holding the SLEEP button until Slide to power off appears, and do so
  • Wait another minute for it to finish the shutdown
  • Turn the phone back on by holding the SLEEP button until an Apple logo appears.

iPhone 5s hanging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.