Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my battery say it needs service after upgrading to yosemite

I just upgraded my Macbook Air mid 2011 to Yosemite. After upgrading my battery now tells me the battery needs service??? The battery was working fine until now. (after I upgraded to Yosemite)

Anyone know why this happens and how to resolve this?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 4:46 AM

It is possible that the battery needs to be serviced. I would try resetting the System Management Controller. If that doesn't fix things, you will have to take the computer in for testing/service.

7 replies

Jun 30, 2015 6:17 AM in response to chingychun

I actually upgraded to Maverick and that's when the problem started since then I've upgraded to Yosemite and now the battery needs service warning is gone but the b I actually upgraded to Maverick and that's when the problem started since then I've upgraded to Yosemite and now the battery needs service warning is gone but the battery does not fully charge and does not last very long I am in the process of draining the battery completely and recharging I'll keep you posted.

Jun 30, 2015 6:22 AM in response to CT

I do actually believe it's a software issue I upgraded to Maverick them to you Yosemite. Now the service battery warning is gone not sure if this was a ploy by Apple to get people to upgrade to you Yosemite I actually like Mavericks better! And I'm deathly getting tired of all this Apple ********! I'm actually thinking about windows again. Never thought I would even consider it! But Apple has seems to be having more & more problems. And I own at least one of every Apple product on the market! SMDH!

why does my battery say it needs service after upgrading to yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.