Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app shows identical wrong information for all cities except current location.

The weather app in my iPhone 6 shows the correct information for my 'current location'. However for all the other cities it shows seemingly random information (including current temp/conditions and forecast), which is identical for all the other loaded cities. For example right now it's 17C in Revelstoke, BC (my current location), but it's 24C in Calgary, Toronto, Muscat, Oman, London, Dublin, Vancouver; all with identical conditions and forecasts. I'm just passing through Revelstoke, but when I'm in a city that I have loaded for it to show the weather, it will show as the correct weather under the current location page, but different incorrect weather that's the same as all the other cities on it's own page.

I've tried phone restart and reset, didn't work. This is the native iPhone

app, so I can't delete it and reload. This is not a big problem when I'm at home, but renders the app useless when

I'm travelling for seeing the weather in any place other than my current location. Any help would be much appreciate. Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 7:40 AM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2015 9:16 AM in response to Stewnd

My understanding of Apple's Weather.app source of data is The Weather Channel - you might collect some background data by using the website in a similar fashion - add all your locations and compare > http://www.weather.com/life/profile

Can you confirm that this is not a "temporary" glitch?

You could try Apple Support | Contact and have them bring their resources to bear.

I will follow with interest. - ÇÇÇ

Weather app shows identical wrong information for all cities except current location.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.