Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music sorting broken in iOS on my iPhone

YYesterday I found that my iPhone was not corrctly sorting music in the native app. I've attached some screenshots that exemplifit this. Music is sorted under random artists. Artists are split into 2 or more, often just with one song.

mu intuition is this is an iTunes Match issue. Where it is separating out some songs into differenrt artists are ones that have had collaborations or guest vocalists. But this never used to be a problem and doesnt match the metadata it is displaying. It's like iTunes Match has applied some hidden metadata. There are no issues on my macbool, which created the iTunes matech profile when it launched, although I did notice some songs had the wrong artwork, either from a compilation the song had appeared on (and I would be directed to if I clicked "show in iTunes Store") or with completely random artwork.

it feels like iTunes Match is trying to force matches and getting it wrong. Then overriding what I say they are. Help!

IVe disables iTunes Match on my computer and phone then fixed my computer metadata, returned on, and then turned on on my iPhone and no luck...

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 8:06 AM

4 replies

Music sorting broken in iOS on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.