Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After converting from iphoto to photos my slide shows do not run correctly. Photos are pixelated before coming into focus. How can I fix this.

I recently upgrade my operating system to 10.10.3. After the upgrade I had to upgrade to a newer version of iLife. Recently I was unable to access iPhoto and had to upgrade to Photos. Now none of my slide shows run as they did in iPhoto. When running a slide show the photos are pixelated. How can I fix this?

Mac Pro (Early 2009)

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 8:23 AM

1 reply

Jun 28, 2015 8:36 AM in response to Judith Kurjan

You can still use iPhoto in 10.10.3, but it may need an update. (see below)

What happens with slideshows you create in Photos itself?

To update iPhoto:

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash.

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

After converting from iphoto to photos my slide shows do not run correctly. Photos are pixelated before coming into focus. How can I fix this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.