Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable Bolse wireless jab adapter in network prefs

TThe adapter is plugged into a dual 2ghz power PC G5 tower running 10.5.8. I definitely have the correct driver installed, as Bolse's Wireless Network Utility opens. The device also registers of the appropriate usb slot in System Profiler. But the utility tells me to enable the wlan card in System Prefs > Network. But there the device does not appear as an option in the leftHand column.

PowerPC G5-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 9:21 AM

9 replies

Jun 28, 2015 9:27 AM in response to jbbcck

enable the wlan card in System Prefs > Network. But there the device does not appear as an option in the leftHand column.

some third-party adapters will show up as an extra port of an unexpected type, such as an additional Ethernet port you did not have yesterday. see if your Mac grew an additional port such as en3. Also, use the Plus button at the bottom of that pane to look around for additional interface not yet on the list.

Jun 28, 2015 10:28 AM in response to jbbcck

Hmmm, after installing did you go to the Network ref Pane & see if it said new port detected?

Open "System Preferences" and click "Network." Press "OK" when the "New Port Detected" dialog box appears, then press Apply Now.

Open Sys Prefs>Network, hopefully you see New Port detected, older OSXes you need to go to Port Configurations first to see it.

The Interface that connects to the Internet, needs to be drug to the top of System Preferences>Network>Show:>Network Port Configurations and checked ON.

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Jun 28, 2015 2:05 PM in response to BDAqua

I Was about to complain that this item is supposed to be plug and play, and that the directions for Mac are like three lines long, offering no setup advice for the utility...when the utility suddenly reaponded and showed available networks. I'm online! Thanks everyone, everybody, for your help!

and may I state for the record that the UI/UX for this discussion board is not amenable to mobile at all. Trying to post with an iPhone *****.

Cannot enable Bolse wireless jab adapter in network prefs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.